Book Reviews 2
Here is the same index, but with a third level of detail and couple of different styling options added. Excerpts from the posts have been added as descriptions for each entry. The two additional options are
- Use customized stylesheets: allowing the use of customized CSS styles for the index.
- Enable CSS striping: used to add alternating styling for entries in the index.
Then there was a fair amount of tinkering with the CSS in the settings page to get the look you can see below (I’m not exactly an expert in CSS!). This is just one example that shows the sort of styling you can accomplish with a bit of effort.
NOTE: I should warn you at this point that I will be rewriting the HTML/CSS generating code for the plugin sometime in the next two or three months, to get rid of the quirks and make it much easier for people to modify. So if you decide to customize an index’s stylesheet right now, be warned that you will probably have to make some changes when I make the changes. But don’t let that put you off having a go with AZIndex, and I will give plenty of warning before that happens.
- Albom, Mitch The Five People You Meet in Heaven: A Novel In heaven, life is explained by five people.
- Baldacci, David Split Second Two disgraced Secret Service agents unravel a murder mystery.
- Brown, Dan Angels & Demons Centuries-old organization launches vendetta against Catholic Church. Deception Point Uncovering evidence of scientific trickery, a dangerous deception. Digital Fortress Mathematician must break a complex code for the National Security Agency. The Da Vinci Code Murder clues are left inside Leonardo Da Vinci art at the Louvre.
- Brown, Sandra Hello, Darkness Man threatens the life of a popular radio disk jockey.
- Caldwel, Ian & Thomason, Dustin The Rule of Four Two Ivy Leaguers obsessively research renowned text and a researcher's murder.
- Clancy, Tom The Teeth of the Tiger Old rules no longer apply in a the new world where anyone can be a terrorist.
- Cornwell, Patricia Blow Fly Wolfman awaits Kay Scarpetta. Trace Dr. Kay Scarpetta returns to Richmond to work on a perplexing crime.
- Coulter, Catherine Blindside Agents race to find a kidnapped boy.
- Eugenides, Jeffrey Middlesex To understand why she isn't like other girls, Calliope uncovers family secret. Pulitzer winner.
- Evanovich, Janet Ten Big Ones Mystery: Stephanie Plum the bounty hunter becomes the target of a gang.
- Frazier, Charles Cold Mountain Love story and account of a man's journey home during the Civil War. National Book Award; 2003 movie.
- Garcia Merquez, Gabriel One Hundred Years of Solitude Rise and fall of a mythical Latin American town and family. Oprah's Book Club 2004?month; Nobel Prize in 1982.
- Grisham, John Bleachers Former high school quarterback pays respects to his coach. Skipping Christmas Tax accountant persuades his wife to skip Christmas; not Grisham's usual legal thriller. Basis of movie Christmas With the Kranks. The King of Torts Young lawyer is nearly destroyed by chance to make millions. The Last Juror Convicted murderer seeks revenge against his jurors.
- Haddon, Mark The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Teen with Asperger's syndrome turns to Sherlock Holmes for inspiration in tracking down a poodle's killer.
- Hiaasen, Carl Skinny Dip Wife torments her murderous husband after he thinks she's dead.
- Higgins Clark, Mary The Second Time Around Head of medical company disappears.
- Hoag, Tami Dark Horse Fate of a young woman rests in the hands of an ex-cop.
- Hosseini, Khaled The Kite Runner Friendship of a wealthy boy and his father's servant in Afghanistan.
- King, Stephen The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah Sixth novel in Dark Tower series. The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower Roland Deschain's relentless quest for Dark Tower ends.
- Koontz, Dean The Face Hollywood star gets bizarre, threatening messages.
- Lahaye Tim, & Jenkins, Jerry B. Glorious Appearing (Subtitle: The Final Chapter of Those Left Behind.)
- Landvik, Lorna Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons Neighborhood club becomes a lifeline over the years.
- Lee, Harper To Kill a Mockingbird 1960 Coming-of-age classic about racism. Published in 1960; won Pulitzer; 1962 movie starring Gregory Peck.
- Maguire, Gregory Wicked Subtitle: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Martel, Yann Life of Pi Redemptive story of a boy, 16, and a 450-pound tiger. Booker Prize winner.
- McCall Smith, Alexander The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency First in series that stars Precious Ramotswe, the "Miss Marple of Botswana."
- McCullers, Carson The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter Southern classic about loneliness and longing in a small town. First published in 1940; Oprah's Book Club April 2004; 1968 movie.
- Monk Kidd, Sue The Secret Life of Bees Lily, 14, runs away from home in story set in 1960s South 1964.
- Niffenegger, Audrey The Time Traveler's Wife Clare marries Henry, who has been diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder, which misplaces him in time.
- Paolini, Christopher Eragon: Inheritance, Book 1 Fantasy: Young Eragon finds his destiny.
- Patterson, James Sam's Letters to Jennifer Woman returns to her hometown and finds life-changing letters. The Big Bad Wolf Alex Cross tracks D.C. killer.
- Patterson, James & Gross, Andrew 3rd Degree One of the Women's Murder Club members is set to die.
- Pearl, Matthew The Dante Club Literary club tries to solve murders based on Dante's Inferno.
- Pope Osborne, Mary Magic Tree House #31: Summer of the Sea Serpent Children: Children: Merlin the Magician orders another mythical mission.
- Roberts, Nora Birthright Romance: Archaeologist is thrown into adventure and danger, both tinged with romance. Blue Dahlia Romance: Bride's ghost tries to disrupt a budding romance. Chesapeake Blue Romance: City girl falls for quiet painter in romance with a touch of the paranormal. Key of Valor Romance: Concludes Key trilogy.
- Rowling, J.K. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Children: Harry, 14, battles more evil; fourth in children's series. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Harry, 15, finds depth and strength in his friends. Fifth in children's series.
- Salinger, J.D. The Catcher in the Rye Classic: Holden Caulfield feels completely alienated from the world; first published in 1951.
- Sebold, Alice The Lovely Bones Narrator is murdered girl peering down from heaven to narrate this story.
- Snicket, Lemony A Series of Unfortunate Events No..10: The Slippery Slope Baudelaire children journey through strange mountains. A Series of Unfortunate Events No..11: The Grim Grotto Children: Unfortunate Events series for children. A Series of Unfortunate Events No..1: The Bad Beginning Children: First in A Series of Unfortunate Events children's series, tales with unhappy endings; movie is based on first three.
- Sparks, Nicholas The Guardian Young widow is ready to love again. The Notebook Love story begins when a soldier returns home after WWII; 2004 movie. The Wedding Husband tempts his wife into falling in love again.
- Tolstoy, Leo Anna Karenina Classic: Beautiful Russian aristocrat's affair is doomed. A classic; Oprah's Book Club 2004 summer.
- Van Allsburg, Chris The Polar Express Only believers can hear the bell. by by year published? by by Caldecott Medal; movie.
- Weisberger, Lauren The Devil Wears Prada Chick lit: Dealing with the boss from hell at a stylish magazine.